S.S. Papadopulos and Assoc. Inc., in collaboration with the University of Waterloo, has developed the most powerful particle tracking program for MODFLOW and MODFLOW-USG.
- The Waterloo method
- The most powerful algorithm available for MODFLOW and MODFLOW-USG.
- Semi-analytical solution, similar to the Pollock method, applicable to arbitrary cell geometries.
- Supports all cell geometries available to MODFLOW-USG
- Including nested grids, quadpatch and quadtree, Voronoi, and triangular.
- Implicit Weak-Sink Support
- Intra-cell analytic solutions to accurately track particles in the vicinity of a pumping well.
- Work in global coordinates
- Provide particle starting locations and track and get results in real-world coordinates.
- Plot in your GIS program of choice without converting coordinates.
- High-order Runge-Kutta scheme
- Particles are tracked in the x and y-direction using the fourth-order Runge-Kutta scheme from the original Path3D.
- Adaptive time-stepping. Time step size is adjusted automatically to account for curvature in the flow field.
- An Euler tracking option is also available.
- Based on the MODPATH6 platform
- Uses the MPSIM and MPBAS input files (Generate these using our online tool below).
- The tracking algorithm can be specified on a per-cell basis; choose which algorithm to use where.
Download the software and see the manual for more details.
(click for larger view)
Use this online file generator to easily create all of your input file templates.
Register / Log in to download.
SSP&A's software is provided "AS IS", without warranty of any kind, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. We request only that application of the software and production of results using the code is accompanied by a suitable acknowledgment. The entire risk and responsibility as to the quality and performance of the Software is borne by the user. SSP&A disclaims all other warranties.