San Francisco Bay Since 1984, SSP&A has directed the investigation and remediation of the 1990 Bay Road site in East Palo Alto, California.
Piceance Basin, Colorado SSP&A has conducted several field sampling programs, groundwater and gas geochemistry evaluations, and water resource studies related to the develpment of oil and natural gas resources in western Colorado, in addition to other states.
The Columbia Basin Groundwater Management Area SSP&A is assisting a grass-roots organization in developing water resource tools to support assessment of water management alternatives within the 8,000 square mile Columbia River Basalt Group aquifer.
S.S. Papadopulos & Associates was
established in 1979 to provide
and hydrogeology consulting services.
With that cornerstone of expertise, we
have continued to grow and have
developed an internationally recognized
practice in contaminant studies,
remediation, geochemistry, and
surface-water hydrology. Learn More
SSP&A has developed modeling and related software for over 20 years. SSP&A develops and distributes software for groundwater modeling and related analysis. Learn More
Software Release: MT3D-USGS
– MT3D-USGS, an updated release of MT3DMS and product of collaboration between the US Geological Survey (USGS) and S.S. Papadopulos and Associates, Inc. (SSP&A) is now available for download.
Farvolden Award - 2016
– S.S. Papadopulos & Associates, Inc. began supporting the Robert Farvolden Awards in 2011. We awarded 4 scholarships to students for their presentations or posters given at the 2016 National Ground Water Association Summit.
SSP&A Software Release: mod-PATH3DU
– S.S. Papadopulos & Associates, Inc., in collaboration with the University of Waterloo, is pleased to announce the release of mod-PATH3DU v.1.1.0, a particle path and travel-time simulator for structured and unstructured grids. This latest release includes the Waterloo method – the most powerful particle tracking algorithm available for MODFLOW and MODFLOW-USG.
– S.S. Papadopulos and Associates, Inc. (SSP&A) supports a paid internship program in our Bethesda, MD office (less than 10 miles from Washington DC). For over 15 years SSP&A has worked with cooperative education and internship programs in schools across the U.S. and Canada to provide real-world experience to students and to foster an interest in hydrologic sciences and environmental remediation. SSP&A is an internationally recognized firm that has provided specialized services in water resources and environmental consulting since 1979. Our work includes the investigation and remediation of groundwater and soil contamination, regional aquifer analysis and water supply development, and computer modeling of hydrologic systems.
Farvolden Award - 2015
– S.S. Papadopulos & Associates, Inc. began supporting the Robert Farvolden Awards in 2011. We awarded 4 scholarships to students for their presentations or posters given at the 2015 National Ground Water Association Summit.
Elsevier Atlas Award
– Article selected as the September 2015 winner of the Elsevier Atlas Award. Dana Nadwodny was recognized as co-author of the Paper "Using lightweight unmanned aerial vehicles to monitor tropical forest recovery."